Saturday, April 14, 2007

Candles Again!



It is the middle of April and the ground is covered with snow!!!! What is up with that. I will have to make the day better with candles! I have found a little shop in the Brookside area of Kansas City. It is called the 5B Candle shop. They make their own candles right there in the shop. They only make votive size candles and the smell is the best!!!!! It can be overwhelming to try to choose the scents you want to bring home with you because there are so many. At Christmas time I took my youngest son in to let him pick out a dozen votive candles to take back to California. I was smelling all the holiday scents as he was going along the wall checking them all out. He said, "Hey, here is one that is called 'the bottom of mom's purse'!" I asked if it smelled like gum....sure enough, it does! :?)
I find that if I put my votive candles in a container they fit into exactly they last longer. So, I buy the cheap clear cylindrical votive candle holders at WalMart and place them inside the prettier candle holders! I only run one scent at a time. All the other candle holders have unscented tea lights in them. I look for those bargains where you get 100 tea lights at half off and then I stock up on those!
Ahhhh....let the scent begin!

No comments: