Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Antibiotics - to take or not to take


It is very easy for doctors to prescribe antibiotics. They are a wonderful thing to have around. However, our bodies can get used to them quite easily and then they are not effective in time of great need.
I was very careful about when my children got their antibiotics.
I got my tooth pulled yesterday and with that comes a subscription for an antibiotic. I have decided not to take it this time. It is the doctor's preventative measure.
My preventative measure will be to have no sugar until it heals! Sugar does something to the white cells and interferes with infection fighting.
I will basically eat fruit for the next few days....it takes fruit 20 minutes to digest and allows the body to work on healing. It takes meat 9 hours!
I will drink lots of
Kefir (click on that) as it is a probiotic and will pretty much not allow bad infectuous germs to get in my system.
Yep! I have made up my mind....not to take!

No comments: